Primary School 3D Printing Workshops
Inspire and engage students in STEAM with a 3D printing workshop
These cross-curricular workshops have been developed to help schools deliver a wider curriculum experience whilst introducing students to 3D printing technology and 3D modelling software.
Our different themed workshops are for Years 2-6 and are fully mapped to the KS1 and 2 Design Technology, Computing, Mathematics, Science, Art, Literacy and History curriculums.
Each workshop provides:
- A complete project around a topic
- Resources fully mapped to the relevant curriculum areas
- Copy of all the workshop resources, enabling them to run the workshop with other groups of students in the future, potentially taking advantage of the FREE CREATE Education 3D printer loan scheme
During the workshop’s students will:
- Learn how 3D printers work
- Discover some of the applications of 3D printing
- Design and create their own 3D model
- Run for half a day*
- With a maximum of 30 students
*2½ – 3hrs to work around individual school day timings